Why would a big rubber band ball bounce higher than a small rubber band ball?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why would a big rubber band ball bounce higher than a small rubber band ball?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why would a big rubber band ball bounce higher than a small rubber band ball?» often ask the following questions:
❓ Why does a glass ball bounce higher than a rubber ball?
Why Glass and Steel Bounce Better Than Rubber
When a rubber ball hits a surface, it compresses and deforms before returning to its original shape… Of course, the bouncy advantage is lost if a glass or steel ball is hurled with force because glass will break and dense steel will have enough momentum to become a weapon.
- Does rubber bounce higher than leather?
- Why does a rubber band ball bounce?
- Why do small rubber bouncy balls bounce higher than other balls?
❓ Why does a steel ball bounce higher than a rubber ball?
- The steel ball will generally bounce higher if it is bounced off a very hard, stiff surface. The reason is that steel has a higher modulus of elasticity - less energy is absorbed by the steel ball, since it does not compress as much as the rubber one when it contacts the surface...
- Why does rubber bounce higher than plastic?
- What will bounce higher then a rubber ball?
- Does a glass ball bounce higher tha a rubber ball?
❓ Would a wooden ball bounce higher or a rubber ball bounce higher if dropped from the same height?
- Do leather basketballs bounce higher than rubber basketballs?
- What type of energy allows a rubber ball to bounce higher than a plastic ball?
- Will a ball of glass bounce higher then a ball of rubber?
1 other answer
it has more elasticity and potential energy
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Why would a big rubber band ball bounce higher than a small rubber band ball?» so you can surely find the answer!
Why do glass balls bounce higher than rubber balls?
Why do rubber balls bounce higher than tennis balls?
The simple answer to this is that the rubber ball is more 'elastic' than the tennis ball and, assuming they are both dropped from the same height onto the same surface, the tennis ball 'loses' more energy than the rubber ball when it strikes the surface the ball is bouncing off. Of course no energy is truly ever lost but rather it is transferred or converted into other forms, in this case the energy will be converted into thermal energy (as the balls deform upon striking the surface due to friction within the materials), sound (the noise you hear when the ball strikes the surface) and to varying extents energy is transferred to the surface which the balls are striking. This energy 'loss' is the reason why the balls do not return to the height the balls were dropped from originally and the amount of energy 'loss' will vary with the type of ball dropped.
Does heating a rubber ball cause it to bounce higher?
There is no doubt any rubber ball will have an optimum "bounce" temperature and it is unlikely this is room temperature. it could in fact be cooler. It is well known squash balls are warmed up before being used, so it is likely warming bouncy balls up will make them bounce more.
Will a rubber ball bounce higher on tile or carpet?
Probably tile. It all depends on how hard you throw it and the weak/strong points of the tile or carpet.
Why does a glass ball bounce more than a rubber ball?
- Glass or hard plastic balls have a similar rigidity but weigh less so they would damage the wall less and bounce more. The linear momentum is just the mass of the ball times it's velocity. The final momentum is the result of the physics of the bounce not a cause of it.
Why do glass balls bounce higher 4 than rubber balls?
In case of glass ball, it doesn't deform much,since it is rigid and when it strikes a surface, most of the impact energy returns to the glass, causing it to bounce higher than the rubber ball.
Will a rubber basketball bounce higher than a leather basketball?
A rubber basketball will bounce higher than a leather basketball of equal internal pressure. The leather covering adds additional weight and is less flexible.
Will a rubber ball will bounce higher on cement or grass?
It will bounce on cement because cement is hard and solid and grass is soft
Does rubber or leather basketballs bounce higher?
Does a cold rubber ball bounce?
Well, cold rubber balls do bounce, but warm rubber balls bounce better because when a cold rubber ball hits the floor, it generates heat instead of a rebound effect because the molecules are so close together that they collide with each other.
Why does a rubber band ball bounce as high as it does?
- As it bounces back upward, it exchanges its kinetic energy for potential energy, but it does not bounce as high as before because overall, it has less energy. A collision between the rubber band ball and floor will never be perfectly elastic (ideal). The closer a collision is to being perfectly elastic, the higher the ball will bounce.
How do you start a rubber band ball with small rubber bands?
Take ten rubber bands and wad them up into a ball, squeezing them together. Wrap the rubber bands with a smaller rubber band so they are joined together. Begin to shape your rubber band ball by stretching rubber bands around it. Use small rubber bands at first because of the small size of your rubber band ball.
Which ball bounce more tennis ball baseball cricket ball or rubber ball?
It's tennis ball.
How high does a rubber ball bounce?
A rubber ball bounces depending on how high its dropped from and what type of surface it hits.
Who invented rubber band ball?
- Charles Goodyear, the inventor of the modern soccer ball Charles Goodyear was born on December 29th, 1800 in New Haven, New York and died on July 1st, 1860. He was an American self-taught chemist and manufacturing engineer who invented the vulcanization process of rubber.
How many rubber band are in a rubber band ball?
What ball bounces higher a basketball or rubber ball?
How come some soccer balls bounce higher than others?
Some footballs will bounce mor then others as they are light, and when water or due get in the ball bounces in another way.
How does a rubber ball bounce so high?
A rubber ball bounces so high because the material it is made of has a spring-back effect. The more force used to throw the ball to the ground, the more it will spring back.
What ball bounces higher a leather ball or a rubber ball?
a bouncey ball
What is a rubber band ball?
It is a ball of rubber bands. You wrap more and more on to it.
Why does a rubber ball bounce back like a metal ball?
- For the rubber ball, the ball gets elastically deformed and the wall not ; this is all reversible. For the metal ball, the ball gets mostly not deformed but the wall gets somehow scratched because of the more localized impact (resulting from the ball not willing to change shape) ; this eats up the kinetic energy...
Does temperature affect the bounce of a rubber ball?
Temperature does not affect the bounce of a rubber ball. Let's say you bounce a rubber ball on the grass. The result will be different then bouncing a rubber ball on a concrete surface. The result is different because you are using a solid, hard surface to bounce the ball with. But the temperature will not affect the bounce of a rubber ball. you can test it out for youself.